Technology & Combat Characteristics
One of the oldest units used by Arzenal, it was originally thought to be just another Para-mail, but was it later revealed to be a Ragna-mail, the prototype for Para-mail models. As it is a Ragna-mail, it possesses two Spacetime Convergence Cannons that are activated via Ange's True Star Song. It is armed with a large long sword, and a standard sub-machine gun used by normal Para-mails.
Special Equipment & Features
- Upon activation the Villkiss turns blue and is able to instantly teleport the Villkiss and nearby entity to a different location. (CROSS ANGE: "Arzenal in Flames")
- Upon activation the Villkiss turns red and is completely surrounded by a glowing, red barrier which protects it from damage and turns the Villkiss in flight mode into a powerful weapon which can destroy large targets by just flying through them. In this "mode" the Villkiss utilizes a beam sword which can cut battleships apart with ease. (CROSS ANGE: "Arzenal in Flames")
- Discord Phaser
- Two hidden, concealed weapons are built into the Villkiss's shoulders. They can only be activated when the Ragna-mail turns gold. As of now only this ability seems to require singing a song in order to activate. (CROSS ANGE: "Dragon Song")
- Anti-DRAGON Assault Rifle (w/ Grenade Launcher)
- A rifle specifically designed to combat DRAGONs, operable in both destroyer and flight mode, the latter of which mounts it beneath the cockpit. Standard ranged armament for all Arzenal Para-mail, it is fully automatic ballistic rifle and is also equipped with an underslung RPG launcher. It can be turned to a certain degree in flight mode for better accuracy.
- Type Zero Super High Strength Scale-Cutting Sword "Raziel"
- The Villkiss's primary ranged weapon. Designed specifically to cut through the tough scales of DRAGONs, it is strong enough to pierce a Galleon-Class DRAGON. When Villkiss activates its Light-Barrier, the sword projects an extended energy blade around itself, boosting its range and cuting power and allowing it to easily slice a Navel Vessel in half.
- Freeze Bullet Launcher
- As with the other Para-mails of Arzenal, the Villkiss is equipped with a close range Freeze Bullet launcher in its left hand. Upon making contact with its target, the launcher fires a Freeze Bullet at point blank range directly into a DRAGON to freeze it solid.
- Decayed Particle Convergence Cannon "Seiran" (w/ Anti-Armor Bayonet "Shinden")
- During the DRAGON's failed invasion of the Empire of Misurugi, when the Villkiss' assault rifle ran out of bullets, Salamandinay handed over Enryugo's Seiran to Ange which became Villkiss's primary weapon for the duration of the series. The Seiran is standard equipment for the Ryuu-Shin-Ki and is able to fire a powerful energy beam. Unique to Enryugo's is a bayonet attached to it for close quarters combat. However, the Seiran has a far slower rate of fire than both the Anti-DRAGON Assault Rifle and the Beam Rifles used by the Diamond Rose Calvary while its sheer size hinders mobility.
- Space-time Convergence Cannons
- The Villkiss's ultimate weapons, built into each of its shoulders. They can only be activated in Uriel Mode which itself is triggered by Ange singing the "Endless Song".
Before the Ancient Humans stole the Villkiss, it was in possession of the Empire of Misurugi. Jill later revealed to Ange that the Villkiss was created as a Ragna-mail, a weapon of God. It was a mechanical angel of destruction and creation. (CROSS ANGE: "Her Right Arm's Past")
Following the deaths of Coco Reeve, Miranda Campbell, and Zola Axberg due to Ange's attempt at desertion in battle. Jill ordered Ange into battle again as Salia reported they detected more DRAGONs. Ange was given an old Para-mail, the Villkiss. According to Jill, it was perfect for someone who wanted to die. Ange managed to defeat a DRAGON and it became her main para-mail. (CROSS ANGE: "Villkiss Awakens")
During a deployment against the DRAGONs, the First Troop attempted to take down the Unknown-Class DRAGON. They all got trapped within its gravity barrier, until Ange arrived and damaged its horn. (CROSS ANGE: "Salia's Depression")
Notes & Trivia
- Its color-scheme is similar to that of the ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny.
- Bilquis (also Bilqis, Bilkis, and others) was the name of the legendary Queen of Sheba.